Wednesday, November 21, 2007

BECKHAM TARGETS 2010 WORLD CUP


David Beckham is not in the mood to end his international career any time soon. With England now looking set to qualify for next summer's European Championships, and Steve McClaren set to stay on, David Beckham is also looking to extend his international career. He will almost surely pick up his 99th cap on Wednesday, and his 100th in February, but is now looking ahead to playing for another three years, and representing England in South Africa. "I want to play in the next World Cup. That is a big goal for me and an enormous challenge," Beckham told the Sunday Mirror. "I believe I can do it. I wouldn't say it if I didn't mean it. "Contrary to some people's claims, I didn't leave European football too early. "I am still playing well and at a good standard. That's why I'm optimistic I can play in the 2010 World Cup. "I won't retire. I will always make myself available for my country. That hasn't changed." Beckham came up with the assist for Peter Crouch's match-winner against Austria.

No comments: